Sunday 19 September 2010

An Introduction

Welcome my friends. Step into my humble, online abode.

Please, pull up a chair.

Now we’ll begin.

I have spent many weeks debating what the subject of my posts should be before settling on the on the spine-tingling world of macabre that is horror.

My wife has informed me that a good blog should start with an introduction, this is mine.

Firstly, a little bit about me. I’m 24 years old, a father to a beautiful boy, a husband to a gorgeous woman and a horror fan. I live in the outer pits of hell, where everyday is toil and the fire and brimstone is replaced by freezing winds and ice…it’s also known as the South Wales Valleys.

View from my window in the bleak midwinter - a horror of sorts.


I think I first became addicted to horror at the age of 3 when I sat with my brother to watch ‘Duel’. I know many will argue that ‘Duel’ is a thriller and not a horror film but for me the line between the two is skeletal and often fractured. I think I will post about that subject in the near future.

This blog will mostly be centred on the celluloid world of horror films (or movies for our American friends) though it shall occasionally stray into the Devil’s box (TV) and written word.

Also, some posts may occasionally stumble exhaustedly into the world of sci-fi should the subject have enough terrifying elements to make it worth while.

I would like to point out at this stage I am a horror fan but not the font of all knowledge. Some people know the genre inside and out, that isn’t me. I don’t know ALL the ‘Zombieland’ rules. I don’t know what Alfred Hitchcock ate for breakfast. I don’t know George A. Romero’s mother’s, cousin’s, dog’s name. If you want pointless facts then it is best to look elsewhere but, if you want views, news, reviews and something which may amuse, then come on in…the water’s fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment